Saturday, February 19, 2011

Recipes

These recipes are from Deanna and taste really good!:

Protein balls:

2 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, adjust to your taste
You can also add raisins, slivered almonds, pecans, coconut,

Mash together all ingredients with a fork then form into about 3 balls. These count as 1 serving of protein and also 1 serving of healthy fats. I use mine as a movie snack because it reminds me of a pb cup :)





Protein dip:

1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt 
2 teaspoons natural peanut butter

1 tsp raw agave nectar
3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder 
cinnamon, to taste 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Now, what would you use in the protein dip???? I'll have to try the protein balls. I'm not a big fan of protein powder...I much prefer the Isopure ready-to-drink ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dip apples in it. Super tasty. I can't even taste the protein powder. I get the vanilla whey protein powder thats the whole foods brand. I've tried other brands before but this one is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do all 3 protein balls = 1 serving or is each ball a serving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three balls = one serving. And I also add finely shredded unsweetened coconut to them and it makes them super yummy. I just add it to taste, not sure how much. I just sprinkle some in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie- it's actually 1 ball= 1 serving. All 3 balls have 410 calories before you add any extras like raisins and coconut, so they're pretty calorie dense.

    ReplyDelete